Hello Hop 2016 Giveaway!
Hey my people!
Happy 2016, again.
My name is LaQuette. If you didn't know, I'm an erotic romance author of interracial and African-American erotic romance, most notably my Queens of Kings series on Amazon.
Today I'm participating in this awesome event called the, "Hello Hop." What's that? Well, some author/blogger friends and I decided to get together and do something fun. We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways! And by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop so be sure to visit them all! Keep reading to the end of this post to find out what my particular giveaway will be.
So, what are some peculiar things about me that the world can't tell just by looking at me?
1) I write erotic romance, with all sorts of explicit language and details about sex. However, as dirty as the language and the sex is in my books, I hate listening to music that has cursing in it. I love Hip Hop and R&B music, but I always have to search for the "edited," or "clean," versions of the songs I love, because all the cursing just drives me crazy. Weird, right? I know, but that doesn't make it any less true. Lol
2) I love hair and makeup. No, you don't get it; I really love hair and makeup. I love trying new hairstyles out. I absolutely love changing my look and style up frequently. Sometimes, if my kids are away, and the hubby is out (events that are both rare separately and collectively), I'll pull out my makeup kit and just play in my makeup, see what kind of new look I can come up with. I don't have to be going anywhere, I just like putting it on, and the glow I have once it's applied. Or I'll search YouTube for new application techniques or new shades of makeup items I've been dying to try.
3) I hate public transportation. I hate being packed in with a bunch of people I don't know. I hate the dank, thick air in underground subways.I really just avoid it at all costs if I can. There are only a handful of times I actually take public transportation, and almost all of those incidents involve me going into Manhattan. Manhattan is just not made for cars. Although I do sometimes bite the bullet and drive there, oftentimes it's just easier to take the train. You can probably surmise that I don't travel there all that often.
4) I love Fox' Sleepy Hollow. LOVE IT! That is my show. I do not miss an episode. There is just something about Abbie and Crane together on screen that does it for me. I don't know why, but seeing the goofy antics these two employ on the show just rings my bell. I'm so addicted to it, I wait until the show is on for about thirty minutes to start watching it. Why, because I'm recording it, so starting thirty minutes into the show means I can start from the beginning and fast forward past all of the commercials. Uninterrupted bliss! It may sound silly, but that is my joint. Don't judge me.
5) This is probably the weirdest thing yet, I hate peaches. Let me clarify. I love peach flavor, I love peeled peaches eaten alone, or as garnish for a dish. What I hate is taking a bite out of a whole peach and encountering the fuzz that's on the skin. It feels so wrong against my tongue. It drives me crazy. So I buy nectarines instead. It has the same peachy flavor, but with smooth skin that doesn't make me want to cringe. Again, don't judge me.
Well, those are pretty much all the quirky details I'm willing to share about myself. Lol Now for the fun part. For a chance to win a $5 Amazon electronic gift card, leave a comment below explaining where and how you find new romance authors.
Giveaway Rules: Participants must be residents of the Unites States. Participants must have a working email address. Winner will be announced and contacted on January 15th, 2016. Winner has 24 hrs. to claim prize, otherwise a runner up will be chosen.
Thanks for stopping by. As always, this is LaQuette, you're friendly erotic romance author, embracing my crazy...one character at a time.